3D Version IMAGING-PAM M-Series
The basis of the IMAG-3D is the successful MAXI IMAGING head expanded by a 3D scanner. Using algorithms developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, the system creates a 3D mesh from images of structured light casted on the plant by a projector. The projector is mounted on the backside of the instrument whereas the camera is positioned above the plant. For 3D imaging, this camera is used in the high resolution mode (1280 x 960 pixels) to precisely digitize the sample surface. For fluorescence measurements, highest sensitivity is achieved by switching the camera to 4 pixel binning which results in larger pixel size.
A dedicated tabletop housing offers darkening for 3D and PSII analysis. The housing is optimized for high precision and cost efficiency. A software-controlled turntable enables researchers to measure single potted plants with a rosette of up to 100 mm maximum diameter. The 3D version requires only a small footprint so that it fits on almost every laboratory desk. For 3D recalibration purposes, the instrument is shipped together with two calibration patterns and a holder so that a quick calibration of the whole system is possible at any time.
Sample illuminated by a stripe pattern of green light.
Tilted calibration plane illuminated by a stripe pattern of green light.
Configuration of the 3D Version
Multi Control Unit
- IMAG-CG Multi Control Unit to connect Measuring Head and GigE–Vision® CCD camera as M-Series IMAGING-PAM MAXI, MINI and MICROSCOPY version including ImagingWin GigE Software.
- IMAG-MAX/L (blue measuring light version, 450 nm, standard applications). With the new Cree high-power LEDs saturation pulse intensities of more than 4000 μmol m-2 s-1 can be reached.
Camera and Lens
- IMAG-K6/MOD3D with increased NIR sensitivity (2/3" chip, primary resolution 1280 x 960 pixels ) with prime lens (F1.4/16 mm, C-mount). A software-controlled filter slider with ND filter for 3D and PSII fluorescence detection filter. During the measurement the camera switches between high resolution for 3D measurements and high sensitivity when PSII fluorescence is measured.
- IMAG-3D/GS Stand. Darkening and rack for IMAGING-PAM 3D version. The sturdy housing is responsible for keeping the measuring configuration so that a 3D calibration file can be used for quite a while.
- IMAG-3D/PC is a brand perfomance notebook PC (with Intel Core i5-9xx or higher CPU, NVDIA® graphics board (4 GB or more dedicated memory), SSD, 8 GB RAM, internal Gigabit Ethernet (GigE), HDMI interface, Windows 10 OS) chosen for best performance for computationally intensive 3D calculations.